Here in Southern Maine spring is in the air and the time has come to get all the summer equipment out of storage! Spectrum Small Engine Repair is gearing up for summer equipment. This is a great time to take care of any maintenance or repairs needed so you can beat the summer rush. Start your Spring off right!
If you like to do maintenance yourself, Nick suggests getting a copy of your maintenance instructions for your equipment. Here are just a few things to look for:
- If you didn’t drain the gas for winter storage you should drain the gas and add fresh treated gas.
- Check the oil, spark plug, and air filter to make sure they are in good condition.
- Sharpen blades
- Make sure your equipment is clean – make sure there is no left over grass in the deck.
- Check the pull cord and make sure the recoil works properly and that the pull cord is not frayed.
- Make sure attachments work properly.
- If you have a battery make sure the battery is re-installed and charged.
- Look for loose electrical connections.
- Check the PSI in the tires.
- Tighten fasteners if needed.
If you have looked over your equipment and discover that it won’t start you may be using bad gas or need to have a carburetor clean, you may have a loose connection or have a connection that needs to be cleaned, your battery may need to be charged or the connections may need to be cleaned. Here at Spectrum Small Engine Repair we are always available to help with non-start equipment. Give us a call for out of storage tune ups and repairs before the summer rush!